Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year - 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




Sydney Australia celebrates the 2012 New Year with their traditional massive fireworks display from the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

We will be celebrating New Year here in California at a friend's house - watching the 3 hour delayed replay of the New York City Times Square celebration - and the dropping of the ball to ring in 2012.

Living on the outskirts of the 2nd largest city in the US, I continue to be amazed that the major commemoration of the New Year here remains watching the replay of the event that took place 3 hours earlier in New York City.  Outside of some local theme park events, or local fireworks / gunfire, or hotel parties, there is nothing to compare with Times Square done in Los Angeles.

2011 was a very tough year - although there were a few bright spots.  Try as I might towards looking at 2012 with the same optimism as I usually do, it's hard not to be pessimistic as I look towards the New Year.  One of the things I have to ponder is if I will be still in California at the end of 2012 given the negative economic challenges affecting my business and my family.  But we are not alone facing these challenges or having questions as to what 2012 will bring us.  All we can do is keep our faith and our commitment towards working to make 2012 a better year than 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment