This look brought forward Williams' concern that the warmer than normal January temperatures are just the latest in the examples of the effects of climate change that we are facing. He then turned the story over to the network's Chief Environmental Affairs correspondent Anne Thompson who proceeded to present a story to add to the climate change alarmism and promotion.
Zombie, the intrepid blogger for PJ Media, has an excellent post that brings forward something that we all need to consider the next time we are inflicted with an individual, a group, a panel, an academic, broadcasters, non-government, or government entity that argues that climate change demands immediate action and solutions...
I just finished reading a terrifying new book about climate change. I learned this:
• Climate change is happening faster than we realize and it will have catastrophic consequences for mankind.
• There’s very little we can do to stop it at this late stage, but we might be able to save ourselves if we immediately take these necessary and drastic steps:
- Increase our reliance on alternative energy sources and stop using so much oil and other carbon-based fuels;
- Adopt energy-efficient practices in all aspects of our lives, however inconvenient;
- Impose punitive taxes on inefficient or polluting activities to discourage them;
- Funnel large sums of money from developed nations like the U.S. to Third World nations;
- In general embrace all environmental causes.
You of course recognize these as the solutions most often recommended to ameliorate the looming crisis of Global Warming. But there’s a little glitch in my narrative. Because although the book I read was indeed about climate change, it wasn’t about Global Warming at all; it was instead about “The Coming of the New Ice Age,” and it isn’t exactly “new” — it was published in 1977.
The real goal and focus from the progressives who are advocating the immediate adoptions of 'solutions' is not to address what is causing the problem. The cause for them is immaterial. What is important is the solution - and the implementation of the solution which just so happens to support the progressive / socialistic solution to society which has nothing to do with science and everything to do with power and control for the elite progressives.
It's a perfect example of - when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Or in this case is it when all you have is the hammer and sickle?